National Bank of Commerce was originally chartered as Union National Bank of Superior on February 7, 1934. It replaced the already closed United States National Bank. With capital of $200,000, Union National Bank officially opened for business
Union National Bank purchased the American Exchange Bank on December 31, 1935. Five years after that, the bank made another important change by changing its name and location when it purchased National Bank of Commerce of Superior. On April 16, 1940, the bank moved to 1117 Tower Avenue, Superior, Wisconsin, and changed its legal name to National Bank of Commerce in Superior.
In September 1972, National Bank of Commerce purchased the Poplar State Bank and its branch in Solon Springs, Wisconsin, and established both as branches.
In 1979, National Bank of Commerce began construction on its new bank building in Superior at 1127 Tower Avenue. In 1998, a holding company was established - NATCOM Bancshares, Inc.
With the holding company firmly established, a new bank opened in January of 2000 at 1314 E. Superior Street, Duluth, Minnesota.
National Bank of Commerce opened two additional locations. The first opened in Superior - Midtown at 2822 Tower Avenue, opened in March 2003. The second opened in December 2004 at 4105 Richard Avenue in Hermantown, Minnesota.
National Bank of Commerce honors its history with a commitment to superior service for our customers, employees, shareholders, and the communities we serve. National Bank of Commerce is the largest locally owned, full-service community bank serving Northwestern Wisconsin and Northeastern Minnesota.
|Member FDIC||National Bank of Commerce
* Website powered by ProfitStars *